In 2017, Appeal won the tender to deliver the development, launch and management of a new peer-to-peer export network in the Leeds City Region over a two-year campaign. Funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the programme was launched by leading business figures including Tom Riordan, Roger Marsh, and Marian Sudbury, head of the Northern Powerhouse for DIT.
With the experience and learning gained launching online news service TheBusinessDesk.com, we proposed a turn key network development strategy that included;
- Branding and naming of new online and in-person network
- Development of highly secure bespoke portal
- Launch event and quarterly peer to peer export seminars
- Digital marketing and content campaigns
- Media relations and PR strategy
- On going network management
To date, the network includes over 70 experienced Patrons, and over 100 growing exporters have signed up to receive support, and PR and digital campaigns have driven over 40,000 page views for its website in its first year.